Raise your hand if you always just assumed that girls are the only ones who can have hormonal issues, and not men. Truth is, every human has hormones, irrespective of their gender, caste, or any other classifications that are usually used to differentiate between people. Hormones exist in every single person’s body, and hormones react at some point or the other in everyone’s body.
Some of these reactions are intense, long-lasting, and could be difficult to deal with. Whereas, there are some types of reactions that are fleeting and are over before you know it. Hormones could be very tricky to deal with, and there is a lot that goes on when you consider hormones. Hormonal imbalances happen quite often in bodies, and there are hormone replacement therapies for men that you could rely on. Each hormone is located in different parts of the body and each of these hormones has a different function and a different reason for existing. Now that you know everything important about hormones and you have an idea of what they do in the body and how they function, let us move on to the main part of the article and understand replacement therapies.
What is hormone replacement therapy?
People often face hormonal imbalances that could happen to men or women. These imbalances are not safe to live with and should be corrected. The one thing that you should understand before deciding anything and going ahead with the treatments is that this does cure your hormonal problems but it does so artificially. There is a permanent way to naturally add more hormones to someone’s body. Just like any other therapy, this therapy also has different methods that you could make use of to go about with it. You can make your pick and stick with that method if you think you are comfortable with it.
- Have you ever heard of the concept of nicotine patches or any other types of patches that you attach to your body? Nicotine patches help reduce addiction, and it is an alternative to them. Just like that, testosterone patches are alternatives to actual testosterone hormones in the body. These patches artificially make up for the less levels of testosterone in the male’s body. These patches can be attached to a variety of parts of the body. You can use them to attach them to your arms, back, abdomen, or buttocks. The one thing that you should know about these patches, and this is something that your doctor will also advise you, make sure that you alternate between these above-mentioned parts. That means you can stick to your arm for an entire day and then switch to your abdomen on the next day, and your buttocks on the day after that.
- Injections are a must when it comes to every treatment. Every single treatment requires at least one injection shot to be taken through the journey. Here, another alternative that can be thought about when it comes to hormone replacement therapy for men is injections. These injections are injected into a male’s buttocks by a professional every two to three weeks, and that is what helps them make up for the lost testosterone in their bodies.
- If these two methods sound too extreme to you and you don’t feel comfortable about them, there is a third and final method that you can rely on. And that is testosterone gel that you can apply on your bare body, and it will do the magic.
These are the three methods that are provided as options to any patient who is seeking therapy.
Benefits of hormone therapy:
After getting through this whole article and reaching the end of it, you need to know the benefits of this therapy and how it can make your body better.
- It increases your bone’s density and makes them better.
- It helps with a man’s health and improves their sex life because testosterone is an important part of a man’s sexual health.
- Increases facial and body hair growth in men and that is something that most men are usually looking forward to.
These are the few benefits that you get through hormone replacement therapy for men, and these are all useful benefits that men deserve.